Choosing your Outfits for your Family Portrait Session can sometimes feel like it is in the too hard basket and can often hold us back from getting the Family Portrait that we have always wanted.
But what if it was simple. What if I could show you how to choose your clothes, without tearing your hair out, without stressing yourself out and without spending hours thinking about it?
Sounds pretty good right?
To make it really simple, I suggest that you make it really simple and follow these 6 Easy Steps:
1. Choose Your Outfit First - Mums always have the least amount of clothes of anyone in the family and we often worry the most about what we will look like in our photo, so choose something that you feel comfortable and beautiful in and then move on to choosing your Families clothes.
2. Not too much Pattern - One or two people in patterns is fine, but if everyone is in patterns it can look busy and you lose the focus in the portrait, which is your family and their beautiful smiles. Avoid large logos and brand names as well, especially on mens and boys clothes.
3. Layers add great Texture and Depth - A scarf, a bolero, a cardigan or even a simple flower attached to a dress can add texture and depth to your outfits and your portrait.
4. Consider your environment - Think about where you will be having your Family Portraits. You probably don't want to be in your formal clothes at the beach or your shorts for a studio session.
5. Be Yourself and Choose Clothes that Represent You and Your Family - If you aren't dressy people in everyday life then don't be dressy people in your portraits. You want your Family Portraits to look like YOUR FAMILY!
6. Lay all your outfits out on the bed and make sure they look good together - Put them in different combinations and make sure they all go together well. If you like them they will be GREAT! If you are still unsure, then take some photos and text them through to me. I am more than happy to help you out.
I have put together a "How to" video to SHOW you just how easy it can be. Combined with my 6 Easy Steps to What to Wear for Your Portrait Session, you won't be left wondering any more.
Check it out below and let me know what you think. Are you ready to have your Family Portrait taken, because the biggest hurdle you had, just became a sand castle on the beach at high tide?
Contact me Now to have a chat about creating something amazing for your family that captures the REAL them!